The Roadmaster 9700 is a portable supplemental braking system that applies a pre-set pressure to the towed vehicle's brake pedal each time the motorhome's brake lights are illuminated - simply push a button to select light, medium or heavy braking. Or, just as easily, the 9700 may be set to activate only in an emergency break away.
The 9700 uses the electrical connections already in place on your towed vehicle (the towed vehicle's electrical harness) to brake when you brake the motorhome - the same electrical signal that activates the towed vehicle's brake lights also activates the 9700.
- Three braking pressure presets: light, medium or heavy.
- Or, the 9700 may be set to activate only in a break away.
- Activates only when the motorhome's brake lights illuminate - no false braking!
- Connects and disconnects from the towed vehicle in just a minute or two.
- Includes an LED motorhome monitor for a visual reference of braking activity.
- Includes an emergency break away system.
- The 9700 automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in a break away.
- Automatically protects the towed vehicle's brakes.
- The 9700 releases braking pressure after an extended period of braking, then activates the next time the motorhome's brakes are applied.
- Audible alert at motorhome indicates extended braking.
- Easily transfers from one towed vehicle to another, without expensive labor fees (initial installation is typically under an hour, depending on the vehicle).
- Recovers quicker - the 9700 is ready for the next stop nearly twice as fast as other systems with smaller air compressors.
- Adjustable brake pedal clamp - fits brake pedals that other systems can't.
- Does not accumulate water in the reservoir tank, unlike other systems - no puddles on the carpet!
- Four independently adjustable feet - for a stable platform in vehicles with uneven floors.
- Meets U.S. and Canadian braking requirements.
|Installation Instructions||View or download installation instructions for #9700 (pdf)|
|Suggested Retail Price||$1075|